When you are working hard to grow your business (and who isn’t interested in doing that), and you can’t spend a fortune (who can?), what you need is a jump start! No matter what type of business you have — these two activities will not only give your business a jump start, but, will create a much more productive environment in which to grow your business. And, it might even reduce hair loss!
As a small business owner or a virtual assistant, the one common denominator in your life is that technology and the online world are constantly changing! The only way to stay abreast of these changes is by taking courses that keep your knowledge fresh.
A big part of running a successful small business is learning how to use resources. New technology can help you manage daily tasks so that you can run a business that is poised for growth. However, it can be tough to keep up with all the new technology, am I right? Who has time or money for training? You can start by developing a means of assessing the training you need and adapt as needed.
“For the best return on your money, pour your purse into your head.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Where can you find training that fits your budget and your time?
1) Community colleges focus on adult and continuing education and are relatively inexpensive. They are constantly developing new curriculum based on the community’s needs.
2) Check with organizations where you hold membership. Many have access to programs that are a perfect fit for your business! I have been a member of FREELANCE UNIVERSITY for the past 4 years. If you are an online freelancer, this is THE university training you need. I highly recommend not only their online training but their supportive private Facebook Group as well.
3) Look for training partners. Training co-ops between small business owners can allow each partner to share resources and the cost of training.
4) Many business programs offer complimentary demos or YouTube training courses that not only showcase their products but provide you with step-by-step directions. Do your due diligence, take the demo to learn all you can before making your purchasing decision.
5) Do you “Google”? If you Google to find answers to your questions, guess what… that is training also! Just be wary of where the information originates. Visit reputable websites and organizations.
Here is an informative article, we wrote recently, which describes 4 Technologies You Need To Run Your Business that small businesses should consider learning, to grow their business. Although not all 4 will resonate with every business, it will give you some insight on where to start.
Many of us run our businesses virtually. We can, at times, lose sight of the importance of being face-to-face with others.
Many small business owners can’t imagine taking a few days away from their business to attend a conference, however, doing so might be the best thing you can do to grow your business!
Since the internet is so readily available, some business owners feel that in-person conferences or networking events are no longer a valuable way to grow their business. The truth is, human-to-human meetings are more valuable than ever! Stay with me here.
Following are some excellent (and valuable) reasons to attend in-person conferences or networking events:
1) Opportunities to learn
Working in a virtual environment can be isolating. When you meet with others, you will hear about trends and ideas that many of your peers and competitors are following.
2) Collaborating with peers
Collaboration is the best approach when networking. Many connections that small business owners make at in-person events, often turn into cooperative and helpful personal relationships down the road. (Who can’t use another friend/colleague?)
3) Show off your expertise
When you actively participate in conferences and networking events (especially where your ideal clients assemble), after time, you can position yourself as an expert. Once you are seen as an expert in your field, watch your business grow! (Don’t keep yourself and your business a ‘secret’!)
4) Make it fun
What’s the saying, “All work and no play…”. Many conferences usually schedule a fun activity or two. Never underestimate the power of fun, when it comes to growing relationships and, eventually, growing your business. For more strategies on how to prepare for your next in-person conference read our latest blog here.
When you consider attending a conference or enrolling in a training course, the first thing you might see is dollar signs. In some instances, it can add up to quite a bit of money for a small business!
Try not to let the initial costs scare you off. Choosing to attend an appropriate conference, or taking that beneficial training course, can bring endless advantages to your business. It’s all about choosing the right events and training, and knowing how to use what you’ve gained to grow your business.
If your business is seeing great growth and you are ready to hire a VA, especially for your Digital Media Strategy and Management, Website Maintenance, or Business Automation, click here to schedule a 30-minute complimentary breakthrough strategy call with Lotus Business Resources or via telephone at 732-707-5307.
Thanks for visiting. To your continued business success.