By Tracking Your Time, ZAPIER
July 12, 2018
What can you expect to pay for a virtual assistant?
As with most professions, rates for VAs are all over the map. So, what can you expect to pay for a virtual assistant?
Here are a few things to keep in mind while you’re looking at virtual assistants and their rates:
Type of Work:
- If you’re looking at entry-level administrative work (email management, basic customer service, etc.), you’ll probably be paying $15-25/hour.
- If you’re looking for higher-level tasks (project management, content strategy, etc.), you could be looking at $50/hour or more. Upwork has posted their average rates for various tasks, which can help you get a better estimate.
- Keep in mind when looking at hourly rates that some people work faster than others. Someone who charges $50/hour might complete a project three times faster—and with the same quality—as someone who charges $25/hour, making it more financially beneficial for you. Don’t be fooled by ultra-low hourly rates.
Pro tip: Paying hourly can be dicey. If possible, we suggest paying per completed project. Quick workers will benefit, and you will know exactly what it’s going to cost you before you start.
- Take into account the VA’s experience level. It might be tempting to go for the cheapest option you find, but extensive experience can be the difference between quality work and work that you end up having to redo yourself.
- Look at client testimonials on the VA’s website and/or their LinkedIn recommendations, and ask for a few client references to reach out to via email.
- If someone isn’t able to put you in touch with at least two or three people who they’ve worked for before, it might mean that they know they wouldn’t receive any glowing recommendations.
The decision is up to you, but keep in mind that major time zone differences and any language barriers can slow down the process and cost you more than the cheaper price is saving you, to begin with.
If your business is ready to work with a virtual business assistant, feel free to contact Lotus Business Resources for a complimentary discovery call.
Click the link below to schedule a no-obligation call:
Click below to leave a message (we will contact you within 24 hours):
If you’d rather call us direct: 732-707-5307
www.LotusBusinessResources.com – YOUR virtual business support specialist!